Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Banana Cake - Cathy Mellett
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 40-50 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 125 grams dairy free margarine, such as Olivani
- Egg replacement for two eggs. Follow instructions on egg replacement package.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons hot rice milk (could use soya milk but I would then add an extra ½ teaspoon of baking powder)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Mix all ingredients and either add additional water or additional icing sugar until desired consistency – then ice cake.
- 2 tablespoons water (I use boiled water)
- 1 teaspoon olivani (stir into boiled water until melted)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
Heat oven to 180 degrees Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg replacement. Stir in the mashed banana.Add baking soda to the hot rice milk and add this to your mixture. Fold in flour and baking powder.Pour into your greased tin and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed lightly.
Allow cake to cool slightly and then turn out onto wire rack. When completely cool ice as required.